You’ve been trying your best to change your body, drop some fat, put on some muscle, but things seem a little stalled? Well, you might need to do a few things to jump start your body, and finally, start moving towards results. Here are 4 tips to help you to rev up your metabolism – right now.
Rev Up Your Metabolism in These 4 Ways
Feed your body! Eat more to see better fat loss.
- Cutting calories further isn’t always the answer.
- Giving the body more to play with can allow it to feel ok with losing fat.
- Gently coax the body to transform. Do not FORCE it.
- Take a diet break if needed. Eat at maintenance levels for about 2 weeks or so then go back into a diet phase.
Increase the intensity in the weight room.
- Lift faster!
- Throwing in metabolic training and full body functional workouts focused on keeping the heart rate up is great for metabolism.
- Rooted in the EPOC principle. Excess Post Exercise Oxygen Consumption
- This has the ability to boost metabolism to a greater capacity AFTER THE WORKOUT IS DONE.
- Interestingly this effect CAN compound. So you can see the effects of it 24-36 hours after you are done. And see a greater boost above baseline after every subsequent workout.
Increase the intensity of your cardio.
- Don’t look at how you can do MORE.
- Instead look at how you can do what you’re doing BETTER.
- Add more intensity BEFORE you add more duration.
- Think about doing HIIT 3 days a week, and throwing in longer intervals as well.
- Has the same compounding EPOC effect as spoken about above.
Get a game plan and know what you’re doing.
- It’s not enough to just show up to the gym and you can’t wait to play the game.
- Get strategic about your workouts, and spell them out. Write them down.
- Explore training over various rep ranges, intensities, shorter rest periods, and pushing your limits.
- These all have a HUGE positive effect on the results you see.